Staying safe on the way to and from school if you walk.
Advice for Students
- Always walk with at least one other person, especially if it is dark in the winter months.
- Always inform your parents/friends where you are going and what time you will be home.
- Avoid wearing headphones on your journey, especially of you are walking alone, as they can restrict your ability to hear any potential dangers.
- Consider buying a school bag with a reflective panel so that you can be seen by passing motorists.
- Do not get distracted by your phone if you are crossing a road – be vigilant in traffic.
- Try to have a charged mobile phone with you in case of emergencies.
- Our uniform is distinctive – look out for one another.
- Stay well clear of any suspicious characters and never accept lifts from strangers.
- Tell your parents/carers and school of any incidents you see, or are involved in.
- The school number is 01332 880260 – add this to your contacts.
- Remember in an emergency, you should call 999.